Shred it and forget it.
Let’s get right down to it. The Hank isn’t gravel fondo UCI adventure certified nor does it sport a press-fit hydraulic 11-speed thru-axle micro whatever. It’s got one speed, a steel frame, and a coaster brake, and that’s exactly why you want it.
The Asylum Hank Klunker first gets its inspiration from mountain-biking’s early Klunker beginnings, days when folks like Joe Breeze and Gary Fisher were fearlessly mobbing down hills on modified cruiser bikes similar to this one, thereby opening the door to mountain biking as we know it today. Second, much like the inner spark that drove our sport’s founders, the Asylum Hank was made to heed the call of your nagging inner child that you just can’t keep quiet.
- Hi-ten steel frame w/ cr-mo down tube, integrated head tube, Euro BB, 135mm rear spacing, disc-brake mounts
- 27.5″ wheel size w/ Duro dirt tires, A/V butyl tubes
- Jalco double-wall rimset
- Cr-mo Moto XL-wide bar
- Sealed Cane Creek 1-1/8″ headset
- Samox cr-mo tubular crankset w/ sealed BB bearings & 43T steel chainwheel
- VP Bear-Trap 9/16″ pedals w/ cr-mo spindles
- Falcon coaster-brake single speed hubset
- Cr-mo micro-adjust seat post
- Velo saddle & grips